Design takes root in Ephesians 2:10 (ESV),
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them
There are three parts in this verse:
- identifying God’s workmanship in us (design),
- understanding what we need to be doing (our purpose), and
- how to walk in those good works continually.
Similarly, Design Coaching has three main parts
- Design Revealing - reveal God’s design in your life by looking at past stories
- Destination Crafting - identify your purpose and define a clear vision of where God might be leading based on your design
- Journey Mapping - develop a roadmap of how to arrive at your desired vision
These steps have an overarching goal of reducing the effort and time spent on finding what works and increasing impact in the work and activities we are doing. If we do what we are designed to do, joy, satisfaction, and the desire to do it well are natural byproducts.
Understanding your design is an important piece of living in the center of God’s specific will for your life. You’ll need a commitment of time and effort to understand yourself, patience to hear what God is telling you, and determination to put what you’ve learned into practice. However, discovering more about yourself can be a fun and rewarding experience. Understanding and using your design can pay great dividends in personal fulfillment and aid you as you work towards discovering God’s plan for your life.
As a coach, I’ll help you understand your design, craft a vision for your life rooted in their design, and develop a plan to live out the good works you were destined for. My hope for you is that you move towards more focused impact in all aspects of your life.
Sessions are weekly for 6 weeks and meets for 2 hours for 4-8 people. There is time in the session to contemplate your design but it will likely require some homework. The goals for the Design Revealing sessions are
- Learn the tools to identify sweet spot stories
- Analyze those stories for themes
- Craft a design statement for use in all areas of your life
- Learn how to use your new understanding of design throughout your life.
Once you have a clearer understanding of what your design is and why God created you (purpose or mission), we can begin the process of understanding where God is leading you (destination). Destination Crafting exercises clarify where you might be heading.
Lastly, once you have a clear vision, we can devise a plan to see that vision become reality. Using a solid strategic framework, we’ll see how your design and vision will map to all areas of your life and guide you on your journey.
What can you do now?
Some things you can do today are
- Spend some time with God and ask Him reveal to you your strengths
- Evaluate activities you loved and what fit you well.
- Evaluate activities you hated and what wasn’t a good fit. 
- What were the common elements in the activities above? Pursue those you love and avoid those you disliked.
If you're interested in taking the next step and understanding more of who you are and what your place in this world might look like, please fill out the contact form. I want to help you know and live out God’s design and calling in your life. I hope I can help you take the journey of becoming more of who you already are.
If you'd like to know more about me, please read my origin story and how it lead to Design Coaching and the benefit it can provide.