Cure for the Common Life has to be one of the most influential books in my life. It has transformed my understanding of myself and how I've been uniquely designed. If you're reading this, Mr. Lucado, thank you for writing it.
Here's why I love it.
- It's a clear process. Engineers, like me, love a good process with steps and lists. Yes, lots of lists.
- It has a clear result. I'm going to undestand who I am better.
- The process can be used again and again to gain insight into who we are.
- The S.T.O.R.Y. acrostic is simple and informative.
S = Strengths
T = Topics
O = Optimal Conditions
R = Relationships
Y = Yes! and Satisfaction
- There are practical exercises to get you started on the journey of self discovery.
If this isn't enough, I've create Design Coaching around it. Much of the Design Revealing ideas stem from this book.
Design is powerful and I'm thankful that I was introduced to it through this book. I would highly recommend it!